Bob is a hands-on lawyer. No matter the case, he’s always found that the best approach is to go out and talk to the people he’s representing. If his clients were involved in an accident, there’s no better way to figure out what happened than to investigate the scene and talk to the people involved. “You could say sitting behind a desk is my least favorite part of the job,” he says. “You need that face-to-face contact. You need to see what happened in person. It’s very difficult to do this work without that.”
Bob’s history with Fernelius Mace stretches back more than 20 years, when he and Steve Fernelius worked together at Fulbright & Jaworski, L.L.P. When the opportunity arose to work together once again, Bob’s choice was obvious. He recognized that the firm provided the perfect environment to do what he does best: work directly with clients. Get to know them. Learn more about what they’re trying to achieve. And then go out and fight for them. Bob understands the cost of litigation, as it concerns both a client’s emotional wellbeing and their business. With those things in mind, he works hard to find the solutions that will best meet their needs.
Bob’s representative experience includes:
- Represented major oil and gas company in trial following the catastrophic explosion and fire of a refinery in southeast Texas, resulting in favorable settlements of hundreds of personal injury claims.
- Achieved favorable results for major electrical supply company in product liability trial.
- Negotiated favorable settlement of product liability case on behalf of major oil and gas company.
- Favorably resolved insurance agent malpractice lawsuit.
- Favorably resolved property tax malpractice lawsuit.
- Has served as national counsel for international energy corporation in matters related to toxic tort litigation for more than five years.
- Has successfully represented a range of national corporations in matters relating to premises liability, products liability, and trucking fatalities.