Kimberly D. Duncan
Director of Electronic Discovery and
T: 713.654.5155 F: 713.654.4039 firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Vcard Download Bio
AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
- Electronic Discovery (eDiscovery)
- Litigation Management
- Project Management
- Product Management and Implementation
Kim began her career at Jackson Walker LLP as a paralegal in 1991. Kim then joined Fulbright & Jaworski LLP as a senior paralegal in 1997. At Fulbright & Jaworski, she supported and attended 25 trials as lead paralegal and worked on numerous other matters at all stages of litigation. The breadth and depth of her project and trial experience resulted in being promoted to senior project coordinator in practice support. In January 2010, Kim joined Steve Fernelius, Graig Alvarez and Joel Simon at Fernelius Alvarez Simon PLLC.
Based on her experience and expertise, clients routinely engage Kim to handle various litigation activities, such as planning initial case discovery, preparing exhibits and witnesses and handling trial logistics and support.
Kim is routinely involved and consulted on electronic-discovery matters. She develops the work plans for large-scale discovery projects, reviews collection and production methods, oversees quality control and manages teams of contract lawyers who review documents for the firm’s clients. Kim has extensive experience with numerous litigation databases. A frequent participant in eDiscovery (CLEs), Kim also has instructed others on methods and best practices to handle extremely large cases.
Kim also serves as office manager and, as such, she leads, plans for and supports the workplace in a wide variety of activities. She has expertise in forecasting, developing and implementing organizational initiatives, and the ability to think strategically and programmatically. Kim is a master in setting priorities, allocating resources, following through, organizing the workforce and evaluating projects and efforts.
- Consulting with legal and project-management teams, as well as clients and vendors, to facilitate electronic discovery efforts (i.e, organizing and overseeing document preservation, identification, collection, processing, review and production).
- Consulting with legal teams regarding database design, electronic searching, review, productions and reports.
- Coordinating evidence management in connection with active litigation, including scanning hard documents and processing electronic data from third-party vendors.
- Coordinating preservation actions, collection protocols and data-processing instructions, as well as defining criteria for loading documents in the document-review platform.
- Developing written-discovery protocols to review documents.
- Coordinating with legal teams and clients to manage documents and achieve other discovery objectives, including project plans, timelines and deadlines.
- Overseeing daily office operations, including handling personnel and facilities issues, implementing human-resources polices and procedures, billing, payroll, inventory and purchase of equipment and supplies
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Association of Legal Administrators
- Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists
- Bachelor of Arts, Stephen F. Austin State University, December 1990
- National Association of Paralegals, Certified Paralegal 1994