Product Liability Litigation|
From alleged defective tires and airbag deployments to oilfield-valve failures and medical-device malfunctions, we have defended and prosecuted product liability cases in venues across Texas and the United States. In addition to defending product manufacturers in single pieces of litigation, our professionals have been engaged repeatedly as national counsel to manage discovery and coordinate defense across large-scale, national litigation. Our extensive experience includes:
- Serving as national discovery and trial counsel for a tire manufacturer in litigation filed throughout the United States as a result of alleged tire-tread separation.
- Successfully defending an electrical-wiring and -receptacle designer in litigation and pre-suit disputes arising from allegations of defective design and manufacturing.
- Defending an international pharmaceutical company in multiple lawsuits related to allegations that its antidepressant medication harmed unborn children when taken by their mothers, as well as caused users to commit murder and suicide.
- Representing a pharmaceutical-capsule maker in a suit alleging that its product was contaminated with lethal impurities.
- Representing a medical-device maker in multiple cases alleging that its ventilator equipment malfunctioned, leading to serious injury and death.
- Defending an oil-field valve manufacturer in a wrongful-death suit.
- Representing a specialty-chemical maker against allegations that its products had caused widespread personal injuries.
- Defending a multinational company against claims that its agrichemical products had contaminated water supplies throughout California.
- Creatively and successfully resolving multimillion-dollar claims filed by an international energy company against a refinery-valve manufacturer.
- Defending an automobile manufacturer against product-liability allegations in wrongful-death litigation.
We bring experience not only from the legal side of these cases, but also from a technical standpoint. This technical background gives our legal team an advantage in communicating with your engineers and technicians to offer more effective and efficient legal services.
We also have managed national product-liability dockets for manufacturers. We bring you years of experience as national-discovery counsel, developing and delivering exceptional and consistent responses and testimony. Our cutting-edge use of legal-support technologies pays big dividends in this category.