Ryan M. Perdue
T: 713.654.5154 F: 713.654.4039 firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Vcard Download Bio
AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Product Liability Litigation
- Mass Tort and Toxic Tort Litigation
- Catastrophic Incident Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Contract and Business Disputes
Ryan Perdue joined Fernelius Simon PLLC in 2010. Previously, Ryan was a shareholder at a well-respected litigation boutique. He has extensive litigation experience practicing before state and federal courts and administrative tribunals and has helped his clients obtain a number of notable results, including:
- Successfully represented an international energy company in connection with an alleged release of toxic materials, resulting in a favorable defense verdict after a one-month trial.
- Successfully defended a multinational energy company in a five-week jury trial in federal court in which the plaintiffs sought a quarter of a billion dollars in damages, but were only awarded a few thousand.
- Successfully defended a wrongful-death lawsuit on behalf of an oilfield-equipment manufacturer arising out of an explosion at a fracing site in South Texas. The case settled prior to trial for a fraction of the client’s potential exposure.
- Represented a Fortune 500 petrochemical-terminal operator in multiple personal-injury lawsuits arising from transportation accidents.
- Defended an international wiring-device company in a products-liability lawsuit related to a catastrophic residential fire, resulting in a favorable settlement for the client.
- Successfully represented an international oil and gas company in connection with a refinery explosion, resulting in favorable settlements of multiple personal-injury claims.
- Represented a drilling company in connection with a construction-contract dispute involving directional drilling in South Texas; litigation and injunctive proceedings resulted in a quick settlement.
- Successfully represented a leading pipeline-transportation company in an arbitration dispute involving an alleged breach of contract.
Currently, Ryan’s practice focuses on personal-injury, catastrophic-incident and complex commercial litigation, as well as eDiscovery matters.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- HBA Special Olympics committee member
- Regular volunteer for Houston Bar Association LegalLines program
- Qualified to receive Attorney Ad Litem appoints in Harris County
- Texas Rising Star, Personal Injury–General (2016)
2004–Juris Doctor, University of Houston Law Center
2001–Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, Psychology, The University of Texas at Austin
Ryan was admitted to practice law in Texas in 2004 and is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.