C. Robert Mace
AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
- Catastrophic Incident Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability Litigation
- Products Liability Litigation
- Environmental Litigation & Toxic Tort
- Mass Torts
Bob is a hands-on lawyer. No matter the case, he’s always found that the best approach is to go out and talk to the people he’s representing. If his clients were involved in an accident, there’s no better way to figure out what happened than to investigate the scene and talk to the people involved. “You could say sitting behind a desk is my least favorite part of the job,” he says. “You need that face-to-face contact. You need to see what happened in person. It’s very difficult to do this work without that.”
Bob’s history with Fernelius Simon stretches back more than 20 years, when he and Steve Fernelius worked together at Fulbright & Jaworski, L.L.P. When the opportunity arose to work together once again, Bob’s choice was obvious. He recognized that the firm provided the perfect environment to do what he does best: work directly with clients. Get to know them. Learn more about what they’re trying to achieve. And then go out and fight for them. Bob understands the cost of litigation, as it concerns both a client’s emotional wellbeing and their business. With those things in mind, he works hard to find the solutions that will best meet their needs.
Bob’s representative experience includes:
- Represented major oil and gas company in trial following the catastrophic explosion and fire of a refinery in southeast Texas, resulting in favorable settlements of hundreds of personal injury claims.
- Achieved favorable results for major electrical supply company in product liability trial.
- Negotiated favorable settlement of product liability case on behalf of major oil and gas company.
- Favorably resolved insurance agent malpractice lawsuit.
- Favorably resolved property tax malpractice lawsuit.
- Has served as national counsel for international energy corporation in matters related to toxic tort litigation for more than five years.
- Has successfully represented a range of national corporations in matters relating to premises liability, products liability, and trucking fatalities.
- All Texas state courts
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Bar Foundation, Sustaining Life Fellow
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Texas Bar Foundation, Sustaining Life Fellow
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Texas Super Lawyers 2003-2005, 2007-2018
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV” Peer Review Rated
- 1981 – Juris Doctor, with honors, University of Texas School of Law
- 1978 – Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Texas