Ryan M. Perdue
AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
- Catastrophic Incident Litigation
- Class Action Lawsuits
- Commercial Litigation
- Complex Commercial Litigation & Business Disputes
- Construction Litigation
- Cybersecurity, Data Breach & Privacy
- Eminent Domain Litigation
- Energy Litigation
- Environmental Litigation & Toxic Tort
- E-Discovery & Litigation Management
- Maritime Law
- Mass Torts
- Personal Injury
- Pharmaceutical Litigation
- Products Liability Litigation
Ryan’s job begins the moment a new client walks through his door. “Whenever I’m meeting with someone for the first time, I’m there to listen. What’s their issue? What do they want to accomplish?” he says. “Once I have that information, we can start mapping out how we’re going to get there.”
He understands that the law is complex, and for some mapping out that path forward can seem daunting. Sussing out the solutions to complex legal issues, in sometimes unexpected and creative ways, is the part of his job he enjoys the most.
Those who have worked with Ryan describe him as a “manic preparer.” Why? He understands that the attorneys on the other side of the table are constantly looking for the smallest hole in your case, and should they find one, will try to rip it wide open. His solution is simple: get rid of the hole.
Ryan has extensive litigation experience practicing before state and federal courts and administrative tribunals and has helped his clients obtain a number of notable results, including:
- Successfully represented an international energy company in connection with an alleged release of toxic materials, resulting in a favorable defense verdict after a one-month trial.
- Successfully defended a multinational energy company in a five-week jury trial in federal court in which the plaintiffs sought a significant amount in damages, but were only awarded a few thousand.
- Successfully defended a wrongful-death lawsuit on behalf of an oilfield-equipment manufacturer arising out of an explosion at a fracking site in South Texas. The case settled prior to trial for a fraction of the client’s potential exposure.
- Represented a Fortune 500 petrochemical-terminal operator in multiple personal-injury lawsuits arising from transportation accidents.
- Defended an international wiring-device company in a products-liability lawsuit related to a catastrophic residential fire, resulting in a favorable settlement for the client.
- Successfully represented an international oil and gas company in connection with a refinery explosion, resulting in favorable settlements of multiple personal-injury claims.
- Represented a drilling company in connection with a construction-contract dispute involving directional drilling in South Texas; litigation and injunctive proceedings resulted in a quick settlement.
- Successfully represented a leading pipeline-transportation company in an arbitration dispute involving an alleged breach of contract.
Currently, Ryan’s practice focuses on personal-injury, catastrophic-incident and complex commercial litigation, as well as eDiscovery matters.
- All Texas state courts
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- HBA Special Olympics committee member
- Regular volunteer for Houston Bar Association LegalLines program
- Qualified to receive Attorney Ad Litem appoints in Harris County
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Best Law Firms – U.S. News – 2018, Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions-Defense
- Texas Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2016-2018
- Texas Monthly Top Attorneys in Texas
2004 – Juris Doctor, University of Houston Law Center
2001 – Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, Psychology, The University of Texas at Austin